Congleton Partnership Executive Meeting took place recently, full meeting minutes HERE.
Working with Cheshire East who have some funding to help with re-opening the High Street.
The first draft of the Cushman and Wakefield report has just arrived so considering that.
- Figures 220 total shop units, 189 Trading or which 142 are independents still giving Congleton Town Centre an occupancy rate of 85%
- A New Wedding Shop has opened in the Chronicle Office
- S-beauty has opened in Lawton Street (former Smiths Bait and Tackle)
- Barley Hops has opened in the High Street (formally Not Just Cards)
- The Lion and Swan has reopened as a restaurant, bar and hotel
- Jo Jo’s Kitchen has opened in Antrobus Street (was Crusty Cob)
- Bird House hairdressers has moved to Antrobus Street ( was Roger Howard)
- New nail shop has opened on Mill Street – where Ink and Toners used to be
- Ballooning Marvellous card shop has closed in the pedestrian area – marketed
- A company is getting ready to move into the former Co-op bank on the High Street
- Work is continuing on Capitol Walk and the former Royal Bank of Scotland – both will be food and drink premises
- A company has purchased 64 High Street (Age UK Shop) and the former Carl Christopher shop – awaiting details
- Meeting tomorrow to discuss a social supermarket opening.
The Makers Market is continuing on the last Saturday of the month and moved back into the pedestrian area for the first time in August and are now likely to remain in the pedestrian area unless COVID or other restrictions require more space.
Saturday 3rd July shops Indie Day – the Golden Ticket event on the 3rd July worked well and received lots of positive comments. Martha is looking to repeat in November with a Christmas theme.
Congleton Pride – 20th August – great atmosphere in the Town Centre and great to see a large community event return! A big thank you to all involved with Pride.
Congleton Jazz and Blues – August Bank Holiday – another fabulous event in the Town Centre. The Town Council stepped in to help sponsor the event when some of the pubs were questioning their ability to take part this year after such a poor year.
Next Meeting is on Tuesday 7th December 2021, Congleton Town Hall, 5.30pm.