The latest meeting of the Projects and Finance Committee took place recently, please download the full meeting minutes HERE.


Highlights included:

New Project Ideas.

Community Orchard Accessibility.

Copy of Patti and Matt’s proposal e-mailed out before the meeting. The committee agreed in principal that the project would be a real benefit to the site and the In Bloom effort. Est cost around £2K to £2.5 K. It was requested that Patti give a more detailed presentation at the Exec meeting 8.12.15 including plans for maintenance. MS to contact PP regarding this request.

Cycle Shelters.

This is being picked up by Phil Mason CEBC Environmental. 1 shelter to be sited at or near the Library, other sites to be considered. No action required currently by The Partnership.PM has been in discussion with CEBC Public Realm team regarding the grant and its conditions. As of yet no further information has been received from PM, MS has tried contacting him for an update.

Heritage / Bear / Town Walk Trails.

P.Aston to chair this through, team to include I.Doughty, J.MacArthur, M.Smith and V.Cutcliffee.

Could be we look at 2 maps. Heritage trail to be attached to the sites along the trail and a general trail map sited on some of the destination map poles showing Cycle routes, walking routes and possibly play areas (health and Well-being) . Need an initial meeting to scope out the project. We have a starter fund of £2.5k that has been set aside for some time. PA to call a meeting in the near future.

Car Park Destination Maps / Signage.

Jackie talked us through a project plan which included the general geographical area to be covered, siting locations, map illustrations and a key plan to identify various landmarks / important services. She is working on permissions with the local authority and costings with a map provider. JM to approach CEBC car parking department / ward members for financial support as per National Government guidelines on car parking revenue and surplus fund usage.

Moody Street Green Area.

MS has confirmed with J.Byrne that the S106 money is secure for the site redevelopment.

Site visit planned for 30.11.15. Detail to follow at the next P&F Meeting (25.1.16)

Mountbatten Way – Green Boulevard.

BE suggested this project to remove the railings and create a green boulevard. BH to discuss the idea with David Brown. This will now be raised at the Public Realm meeting 28.9.15. BH confirmed that the issue was raised.

No further update received as yet.


Download the full minutes for all the news!