The senior forum group meeting took place recently, you can download the full meeting minutes HERE.
Documents linked to in the minutes are:
Senior Forum Survey Results
28 respondents filled in the survey and made suggestions; these have been split into 2 groups. Big project ideas and smaller ones, group comments below:
Big Project Ideas
Bus-related projects – Macc Hospital Link, Congleton Round Robin.
Existing Community Transport scheme, can we extend it? The partnership has earmarked funds for Driver Training. Kay attended a meeting held on Community Transport, run by ChALC. Ideas:
Community carshare type scheme
Bus hire scheme – where one of the minibuses (say) is used for a specific purpose each week, like taking people to a regular club or meeting.
Community bus service – with bus stops and a timetable (as long as not competing with a commercial service), using the Partnership minibuses.
Day Care Facility/ Carers support – Mountview related.
– Can we bring back into use deserted buildings at War Memorial?
Drop in Café
– Existing community cafes – is it a case of finding out what already exists with more targeted communications? Congleton Cricket Club hold a very successful group – how do they attract people?
Mental Health Hub
– Hopefully something that will come to fruition with Plus Dane Premises, Cathy to sit on the steering group if it goes ahead.
DIY support service
– Connect with Alison at the Old Sawmill who heads up the volunteer programme.
Smaller Project Ideas
Swimming/Exercise at Leisure Centre for Seniors
Cathy to contact the manager to see what provisions they have already
Bromley Farm Time Out leaflet
Access to Banking
– Falls under digital inclusions which we will be looking at.
Mind Body and Soul at Football Club
Gentle walking Groups
Regular Tea Dance Event
– An event we want to run, could look to do a Christmas event?
Swimming Sessions at Leisure Centre