Congleton Partnership held an executive meeting, you can read the full meeting minutes HERE.
Files linked to in the minutes:
Park Weir & Solar Panel Project
Following the successful construction and commissioning of Congleton Hydro at Havannah Weir, more commonly known as “ARCHIE”, the team behind it have secured grant funding to develop a brand new renewable energy scheme.
Park Weir is ongoing but has stalled a little due to landownership. Read all the details on the newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/d434d15ee6f8/congleton-hydro-update-16852389
The Solar Panel project going well, they are actively looking for industrial and commercial customers. Suitable customers will:
- Be companies or public sector organisations in the Congleton area
- Be interested in reducing their carbon emissions, saving money and supporting local charities
- Have a building with a large roof
- Typically consume more than 30kW of power during the day
- Own their own building or have a long-term lease
There will be no further funding from Cheshire East for any of the Town’s Partnerships going forward. Congleton Partnership will lose £8000.
Congleton Town Council will ring-fence 9k for Partnership projects in the 23/24 financial year.
As part of the Town’s Partnership Group (Holmes Chapel, Alsager, Middlewich, Sandbach, Northeast Cheshire) we will be getting together to look at how Partnerships can best be supported in the future. Glen is the group chair.
For some Partnerships, this will be felt severely.